Kolab 3.2 multidomain doc error?

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Tue Jun 24 19:03:57 CEST 2014

Hi Andrea,

Am 21.06.2014 19:23, schrieb Gelpi Andrea:
> Il 19/06/2014 22:43, Jan Kowalsky ha scritto:
>> Hi Andrea,
>>
>> for me it looks like you have alias domains added to your domain
>> gelpi.it , because it returns also mail.gelpi.it as an alias as well as
>> localhost.
>>

> You're right.
>
> Gelpi.it is the primary domain added by setup-kolab command.
> The aliases domain were added automatically.
> Now is not clear to me if these aliases are necessary or I can delete them?

Actually you can delete them - depending if your mailserver should be
available e.g. under @localhost or not. If you delete the aliases, make
sure mails from your local machine still reaches you (alias from root to
some email-address exists in kolab).

I still assume there is a bug with alias domains: the approach described
in http://docs.kolab.org/howtos/multi-domain.html works only as long as
you have alias domains with the same number of domain components:

  example.com
  example.net

works

  example.com
  sub.example.com

doesnt't work for me.

If I've time I'll investigate the problem a little deeper.

Best Regards
Jan