kolab setup failed on Debian

Michele Catalano catamik at yahoo.it
Fri Jun 13 10:41:23 CEST 2014

Dear All

I've managed the install and setup correctly for a clean debian distribution.

Unfortunately I have to install kolab on a running debian server..
When I run the kolab setup I get the message and setup stops:

It seems 389 Directory Server has an existing instance configured. This setup
script does not intend to destroy or overwrite your data. Please make sure
/etc/dirsrv/ and /var/lib/dirsrv/ are clean so that this setup does not have to
worry.

The message seems to suggest to clean the content of such folders but I wonder if
389 package do not get corrupt.

What I can do?

If I run 'setup-kolab --with-openldap' I circumvent the 389 configuration and I get
the error

[ ok ] Restarting web server: apache2 ... waiting .
update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
[ ok ] Stopping SASL Authentication Daemon: saslauthd.
[....] Restarting The Kolab saslauthd is a server process which handles authenti[ ok
n requests on behalf of the cyrus-sasl library.: kolab-saslauthd.
Stopping : .
Waiting for complete shutdown...
Starting : (failed).
update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script `saslauthd' overrides
LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).
insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (1 2 3 4 5) of script `saslauthd' overrides
LSB defaults (1).
update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
[....] Restarting The Kolab server synchronizes LDAP, SQL and other authenticati[
ok tabases with Cyrus IMAP, Dovecot or other IMAP servers.: kolabd.
update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kolabd/__init__.py", line 183, in run
    self.do_sync()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kolabd/__init__.py", line 250, in do_sync
    for primary_domain in list(set(domains.values())):
TypeError: unhashable type: 'list'

Thanks again

On Wednesday 11 June 2014 15:55:21 hede wrote:
> Am Wed, 11 Jun 2014 15:39:35 +0200 schrieb Michele Catalano
<catamik at yahoo.it>:
> > Notwidstanding it's not for latest version someone wrote something
> > interesting here:
> >
> > http://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/show/34947-installing-kolab
> >
> > Who can confirm that?
>
> Kolab 3.0 is quite old and AFAIK not recommended to be used for new
> installs. I did install 3.1 and later upgraded to 3.2 (btw. on ARMv7 here)
> and didn't run into his problems.
>
> Nevertheless, Kolab is AFAIK still work in progress, especially for Debian
> packages. The main development platform is Red Hat based. So CentOS should
> be the recommended base system. (Or maybe Red Hat for the payed version
> directly from kolabsys?)
>
> regards
> hede

Il contenuto di questa e-mail è rivolto unicamente alle persone alle quali è indirizzato e può contenere informazioni la cui riservatezza è tutelata legalmente. Sono vietati la riproduzione, la diffusione e l’uso di questa e-mail in mancanza di autorizzazione del destinatario. Se avete ricevuto questa e-mail per errore vogliate cortesemente contattarci  immediatamente.

This e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. Unauthorised reproduction, dissemination or use of this e-mail or of the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please notify us immediately.