SyncKolab 3

Rohrer, Bernhard graylion at sm-wg.net
Sat Jun 7 00:05:56 CEST 2014

I am completely stuck with syncKolab. I have two servers, a 3.0 and a
3.1

in both cases I amusing roundcube, so I figure the folders are already
there, so I go for "search imap-account" Ilet it run for hours and it
simply finds nothing. I have not see this issue described or anything.
And all how-tos are for much older versions.

Am I missing something basic?

Thanks

/Bernhard

On 17.12.2013 09:54, Henning wrote:

> Hi Mihai,
>
> Some time ago I also fumbled a lot with SyncKolab, but with Kolab 3.1 and webdav, everything seems to be easier.
>
> One big pro for that approach: You don't have to subscribe to calendar-folders anymore, so they do not appear in the folder listing of your imap-client.
>
> regards,
> Henning
>
> Am 16.12.2013 23:21, schrieb Mihai Badici:
> I had some time to spend on those old issues: I tried the new nightly. Some weird thing happen frequently. 1. local changes in TIME (not description, location etc.) lead to duplicates (old and new state). Those duplicates are somehow linked. If you move them in the roundcube calendar. Both entries are moved. I think there is a bug in synckolab.js. Entries to be updated are deleted first ( i think is line 1265). I'm not sure what is the ideea, but commenting this line seems to work. 2. local changes in summary or location fields are not auto-synced. I think is related to the previous point 3. Changes in roundcube are not autosynced most of the time. Lightning throws "modification failed". Manual sync works in those cases. 4. locally changed all-day events are corrupted and not shown afterwards in roundcube. For all time events, all time variables don't provide the hour part, only the date ( instead of 2013-12-16T:00:00:00Z there is only 2013-12-16) The date is not recognized
  by
libkolabxml; it is easy to fix that but I'm not sure why Nico had used this format ( lightning requirement?) I also found a bug regarding "category"; this field is not recognized by libkolab so it should be removed from kolab3 xml string. Commenting this field will work. I could provide a patch but first I want to discuss those issues. 5. Manual sync fixes most of the issues (-> why different?!). Old: 5. address-lists are coruppted and/or duplicated on sync. _______________________________________________ users mailing list users at lists.kolab.org https://lists.kolab.org/mailman/listinfo/users [1]

Links:
------