Kolab installation on UCS

Heiner Markert mephisto at gmx.net
Sun Jul 6 17:21:00 CEST 2014

Hello,

I just tried to install kolab 3.2 from obs on univention corporate
server (most recent update) today.
I followed the instructions from
http://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/ucs.html

In order to get working packages, I adjusted the package repository to
deb http://obs.kolabsys.com:82/Kolab:/3.2/UCS_3.2/ ./
deb http://obs.kolabsys.com:82/Kolab:/3.2:/Updates/UCS_3.2/ ./

otherwise, I followed the procedure from the document.

After doing
# univention-install kolab
I am not able to log into the kolab server ("Connection to storage
server failed").
On the server, I cannot see any running cyrus process. When I try to
start it with
# /etc/init.d/cyrus-imapd. start
I get
Starting : cyrus-master.
but cyrus-master does not start.

A manual start of cyrus-master yields
     # /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-master -D
     No log handling enabled - turning on stderr logging
     Warning: Failed to connect to the agentx master agent ([NIL]):
     ctl_deliver -E is deprecated: using cyr_expire -E instead

Consistently, "kolab lm" outputs
pykolab.imap WARNING Could not connect to Cyrus IMAP server
'imaps://MYSERVER:993'

Can anyone help with the installation?

Thank you
Heiner