Kolab 3.1 and ownCloud

Carpenter, Troy troy at carpenter.cx
Fri Jan 31 20:56:01 CET 2014

Ok, setting aside my foray into cal/card-DAV and Activsync world, I'm
turning my attention to ownCloud integration.  Following the advice of
several on the mailing list, I've got ownCloud authenticating against
the Kolab LDAP server and have successfully logged-in using my Kolab
credentials.  One thing I did have to add (unless I missed it in the
emails) was to add uid in "login filter -> other attributes" to allow
login via uid.  I've never looked at a user LDAP record before, so I
didn't realize the LDAP username was a long string of characters, not
the uid.

In any case, I would like to integrate ownCloud as the file storage, but
I doubt http://kolab.org/owncloud still applies.  That means making
ownCloud as the backend for Chwala now, per
https://kolab.org/news/2013/08/07/community-news-meet-chwala-kolabs-new-files-component.
  There were some emails on the list back in October (see the thread
starting with
http://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/users/2013-October/015503.html), but I
don't see any responses after Torsten's request for an update.  Is there
any update?  I see a file called owncloud.inc.php in /etc/roundcube, but
I don't think that's the integration we're talking about, is it?

My ownCloud installation is NOT on the same server as Kolab/Roundcube,
so I would hope the backend integration would include the use of WebDAV
to avoid having to set up a ownCloud instance on my Kolab server
(probably could and utilize a network share, but I'd rather not).

Troy Carpenter