Spell check not working.

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Mon Jan 27 08:50:11 CET 2014

User, Kolab wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

>>> Has anyone found that the Spell check within Roundcube is not working?
>>
>> Yes, any ideas on how to fix this?
>

> Is there really anybody out there how knows how to fix this issue??
> I have got the CentOS packed version of kolab up and running.

The default spell check settings in Roundcube used to point to Google's
spell check service. But that service was shut down by Google some time
ago. So Roundcube has set up its own spell check service at
spell.roundcube.net.

The latest versions of Roundcube have that URL set as default. If you're
running a version < 0.9.5, you have to change your Roundcube config:

$rcmail_config['spellcheck_uri'] =
'https://spell.roundcube.net/tbproxy/spell?lang=';

But it's anyway better to run your own local spell checking service
using pspell rather than having all message contents sent to a public
service. But it's not done with simply installing pspell. You need to a
adapt the Roundcube config accordingly. Check the config file for the
option 'spellcheck_engine' and read the comments around it.

Kind regards,
Thomas