Setting primary_mail to (FirstInitial)(surname) ?

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Fri Jan 24 15:42:13 CET 2014

On 01/23/2014 11:13 PM, Paul Fine wrote:
> I would like my default user e_mail addresses to be in the above format.
> For example Mike Hunt = mhunt at mydomain.com <mailto:mhunt at mydomain.com>.
>
> I am able to set secondary_mail to above by: "{0}{1}@{2}":
> "format('%(givenname)s'[0:1].capitalize(), '%(surname)s', '%(domain)s')"
> but I can’t get this to work for primary_mail

This is not possible with primary_mail (not without code changes), but
you could try to keep "primary_mail = %(uid)s@%(domain)s" and define
policy_uid. Policy_uid setting supports the same syntax as
secondary_mail or similar (there are some differences).

I don't know why primary_mail config is not compatible with
secondary_mail. I suppose we would accept a patch for this.

> Also another question… why/what is the second attribute primary_mail at
> the bottom of the conf file for… is that global (ie. all domains?)

Globals are in [kolab] section, in domain sections you can overwrite
globals for specified domains.

--
Aleksander Machniak
Web Developer, Kolab Systems AG