Does Kolab support login with browser-based client-certificates?

Karma Kolabor kolaborista at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 18:09:57 CET 2014

Hi,

while I am still working on a solution for the disfunct debian
install, I keep doing some research on Kolab and will ask some things
here about important features I could not identify reading the docs.

First question: does Kolab support certificate-based logins for the
parts that are accessed with a web-browser? I would like to avoid
password-based logins completely (besides email clients).

>From my experience browser-certs are used in many companies that are
utilizing web-based collaboration software and should be seen as a
basic requirement.

Would be great if Kolab offers such a feature.

Unfortunately atm I can not test myself, as I am still searching for a
solution for the debian install issue that is blocking me, so please
excuse, if there is some very obvious setting in the admin web
interface that enables browser certs that I am not yet able to see :)

Thanks,
have a nice day,
Karma