new domains without changes to /etc/kolab/kolab.conf OR "pure" LDAP-only administration

Erik M Jacobs erik at jumpshipservices.co
Tue Jan 14 21:27:30 CET 2014

Hi Torsten,

Here's what we're trying to do:

Currently each company lives in an ou.  For example:

ou=companya.com,dc=something,dc=com
ou=companyb.com,dc=something,dc=com

I want to be able to just add another OU to ldap and have all users
under that OU start working, without having to edit any config files or
anything.  We have an automated tool that adds users directly to LDAP
already.

Ex:
add ou=companyc.com,dc=something,dc=com
add uid=joe,ou=companyc.com,dc=something,dc=com

Joe can login immediately without anyone having to edit a config file
once the two above items are added to LDAP.

Is this currently in 3.1?  And, if so, what extra steps after the setup
are required to enable it?

Erik M Jacobs
Director, JumpShip Services
A Division of EjectButton, Ltd