Partitioning Scheme

Chloé Desoutter chloe.desoutter at atasta.net
Thu Jan 2 22:52:49 CET 2014

Le 02/01/2014 22:43, Brad Galbraith a écrit :
> *So something like this then?
>
>  / 6GB
>  /tmp 1GB
>  /var/spool/imap/  900GB
>

> Don't add*
>
> /var/lib/mysql/
> /var/lib/imap/
>
> I'll read up on relatime or noatime  but would you mind expanding on
> that a bit? The advantage with kolab?
Basically, w/o relatime or noatime, each time a file will be accessed,
the file's metadata (access time) will need to be written on disk. This
adds a slight amount of I/O especially when dealing with big mailboxes
(for example when indexing or performing a full text search). This and
keeping atime consistent isn't useful for cyrus IMAP folders because all
is handled with Cyrus' own metadata system.

The explanation here summarizes it well:
http://linux.koolsolutions.com/2009/01/30/installing-linux-on-usb-part-4-noatime-and-relatime-mount-options/

I use relatime,nodiratime as my mount options for /var/spool/imap
(because I'm unsure that relatime applies to directories).

Yours sincerely,

--
Chloé Desoutter
Atasta NET