Partitioning Scheme

Brad Galbraith wbg1968 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 22:43:29 CET 2014

*So something like this then?

  / 6GB
  /tmp 1GB
  /var/spool/imap/  900GB

Don't add*

/var/lib/mysql/
/var/lib/imap/

I'll read up on relatime or noatime  but would you mind expanding on that a bit? The advantage with kolab?

I appreciate your help.

Brad

Hi Brad,

No more /kolab for Kolab 3.

There shouldn't be a /swap. swap is not mounted.

Depending on your amount of RAM, /tmp should be a tmpfs (512MB is enough
often)

/var/spool/imap should definitely be separate. It's the directory that
contains all your precious data (IMAP folders)

Separating /boot is useless nowadays unless your server is very old or
you use an exotic filesystem for /.

If I were you I'd not separate the /var partition. MySQL activity is
quite low with Kolab, dirsrv (389 DS) is much more solicited.

Mounting /var/spool/imap with relatime or noatime will help. Depending
on the criticality of your data, you could perform further tuning of the
/var/spool/imap mount options.

Yours sincerely,