Partitioning Scheme

Chloé Desoutter chloe.desoutter at atasta.net
Thu Jan 2 22:26:48 CET 2014

Hi Brad,

No more /kolab for Kolab 3.

There shouldn't be a /swap. swap is not mounted.

Depending on your amount of RAM, /tmp should be a tmpfs (512MB is enough
often)

/var/spool/imap should definitely be separate. It's the directory that
contains all your precious data (IMAP folders)

Separating /boot is useless nowadays unless your server is very old or
you use an exotic filesystem for /.

If I were you I'd not separate the /var partition. MySQL activity is
quite low with Kolab, dirsrv (389 DS) is much more solicited.

Mounting /var/spool/imap with relatime or noatime will help. Depending
on the criticality of your data, you could perform further tuning of the
/var/spool/imap mount options.

Yours sincerely,