hide/disable non-Mail folders in imap-clients?

Daniel Hoffend dh at dotlan.net
Thu Feb 27 10:17:23 CET 2014

Sorry to say, I guess no.

If you unsubscribe a folder this will be not only for the single client
it will be for all clients. And this means the folder (for example) will
be hidden in the webclient, *DAV, etc as well.

I know only the windows client eMClient can "hide" folders instead of
unsubscribe. Thunderbird (for example) can unsubscribe them but then you
run into the problems mentioned above.

But if you wan, you can remove some of the folders from the auto
creation. Like Journal, Configuration and maybe Tasks. 1) The folders
will be created when you need them and 2) Things like Journal and
Configuration are only used by Outlook connectors or the standalone
kontact client. This might clean the folder list a bit, but in the end
won't help you hiding the folders.

--
Regards
Daniel