Differing /etc/roundcubemail/calendar.inc.php files

Brady, Mike mike.brady at devnull.net.nz
Wed Feb 26 21:28:03 CET 2014

On 2014-02-26 21:52, Daniel Hoffend wrote:
> Good morning
>
> Just because setup-kolab overwrites the default configuration doesn't
> mean that those options do not work.

I never said that the options didn't work.

> It's just the fact that the
> template used by setup-kolab is producing a small but working
> configuration.

I have no problems with small working configurations by default.  I do
have a problem with the only documentation (the configuration files in
this case) being over written with no warning and without them being
saved.  I am now wondering what else I am missing because I have been
forced into using defaults as set by setup-kolab.  Perhaps the default
configuration files could be included as examples as documentation in
the packages?

> If you want to customize roundcube you're free to
> configure it to your liking by using the options provided in the
> default configuration.
>
> The fact that you get config.rpmnew comes down to the rpm packaging.
> Maybe it would be better to deliver a calendar.config.php.dist instead
> of the .php version which the packaging tries to replace and ends up
> with a .rpmnew version to not kill your working configuration

I have no problem with there being a rpmnew file.  It is the correct
thing to do in these situations and I am in no way suggesting that
something different should be done.  But the "normal" (at least for me)
practice is that the rpmnew file is the new reference configuration file
and the existing configuration should be merged into it as appropriate.

In the case of calendar.inc.php though the existing setup-kolab produced
file is in my mind fundamentally different from the rpmnew file.
Although looking at it again I think that this probably just boils down
to the $config verse $rcmail_config question that I have asked else
where. If I did what I normally do with rpmnew files and merged the
existing setting into the rpmnew file I would end up with a file that
had all its settings in the $rcmail_config[] array. Which based on what
setup-kolab produces is incorrect?