Chwala with Kolab 3.2 on debian

LyleSharp at advotechllc.com LyleSharp at advotechllc.com
Sun Feb 23 05:53:20 CET 2014

On Saturday, February 22, 2014 02:21:53 PM hede wrote:
> I had to manually add [1] to be able to use kolab-files in my Kolab 3.2
> installation (debian_7.0 from obs01.kolabsys.com:82). Otherwise I was able
> to add files, but cannot view or download them. Neither in Roundcube nor
> directly in Chwala.
>
> And I had to change http->https in /etc/roundcubemail/kolab_files.inc.php
>
> [1]
> http://git.kolab.org/kolab-chwala/commit/?id=e112f1c2b390e06e4d804c5958bfa24
> db733c475
>
> hede
Hede,

Thanks. I didn't even notice I had the same issue on our shiny new 3.2 install until
this chain of posts popped up. OBTW, that was not exactly the clearest bit of
directional assistance I have ever seen. This particular non-programmer spent
about 20 minutes deciphering the git entry you linked to and finding the actual
file that needs editing. For those of us driving in the slower lanes of Kolab
integration and administration I would propose a slight translation:

The file that needs to be edited in Debian or Ubuntu installs is
/usr/share/chwala/lib/kolab/kolab_file_storage.php and line 872 needs to be
changed from return array_shift($files); to return $files[0];
I hope that helps some sad, lowly integrator or administrator out there move on to
the next issue.

Lyle