Installation of Kolab 3.1 in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS fails

hede kolab983 at der-he.de
Fri Feb 14 14:07:28 CET 2014

Am Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:10:22 +0100 schrieb Aleksander Machniak <machniak at kolabsys.com>:

> On 02/14/2014 09:09 AM, Jan Stamer wrote:
> > I am trying to install Kolab 3.1 in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS according to doc
> > http://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/ubuntu.html but I don't get it
> > working.
>
> Ubuntu/Debian is not our reference distribution. There are known issues
> in packaging including yours.
> https://issues.kolab.org/buglist.cgi?product=Kolab%20Server&component=packaging%20-%20apt%20-%20ubuntu&resolution=---

I think with Debian 7 most of the Problems are solved.

At least my install this week (Kolab 3.1) works fine.  ... so far.

(As an example, Apache: Debian doesn't allow mpm-worker and mpm-prefork packages at the same time, while both are needed by kolab (prefork for mod-php and worker for 389). So the kolab repository provides it's own apache packages. AFAIK Ubuntu uses Debians sources for Apache but there's no Apache inside the Ubuntu Kolab repository, so maybe this is one of your Jans problems.)

Btw: I compiled Kolab for ARM and have build my own repository. If anyone is interested in Kolab binary packages for ARMv7l (ARMv7hf), please tell me. (Kolab 3.2 to come this weekend)

Regards
hede