IMAP Keywords in Kolab 3

Michael Gerber Michael.Gerber at reservix.de
Wed Feb 12 13:22:00 CET 2014

Hello there,

I've been looking for a solution to a specific Problem. Let me set down the basics so you've got a better idea what I'm missing:

We're currently using Exchange 2010 and want to get away from that. What we're using is pretty standard:
- Group Calendars
- Personal Calendars that need to be shared between people
- Mail folders that also need to be shared
- Shared mailboxes
- Desktop clients as well as webmail

So, pretty much everything that can be done with Kolab.
Now, onto the Problem:

Our departments work with shared mail accounts, i.e. "helpdesk@", for which say 10 people need to read mail and answer as that Identity. To track who in the department has done what with which mail, we're heavily (ab-)using the Exchange Category system, which is basically the same as the IMAP keyword ("thunderbird labels") system.
And I can't for the life of me figure out how to
a) bring Kolab to work with those labels. I added a few in Thunderbird, and they simply don't get synced between different TBird instances
b) get one of the various label plugins for Roundcube to work with the roundcube version that Kolab uses.

For comparison: I have 2 Roundcube installs
Install A - Postfix/Dovecot/Roundcube with a label plugin. No other plugins. Labels work fine between different mail clients (opera, thunderbird - Both on Linux and Windows - as well as roundcube)
Install B - A default by-the-numbers Kolab 3 install on CentOS 6.4, plus the same roundcube label plugin. The plugin doesn't show up in roundcube, and clients don't see/sync the labels between them.

Install B is just a demoing "let me see if I can get this to work SOMEHOW" instance, so not productive and as of yet not configured at all except for whatever setup-kolab does. Plus I added 2 test users. Did nothing else with it apart from the Roundcube plugin.

What am I missing here?

And another quick question: Is there a way to get Cyrus to allow subfolders under INBOX? I googled around to no avail.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,
Michael Gerber

Michael Gerber
IT & Administration

Telefon +49 761 556529 962
Fax             +49 761 556529 99
E-Mail  Michael.Gerber at reservix.de

ReserviX GmbH, Humboldtstra?e 2, 79098 Freiburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Freiburg, HRB 700054
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Johannes Guentert, Johannes Tolle

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich
geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige
Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben,
informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten
Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die
unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.