Kolab 3.3, Fedora 21 and libboost dependencies

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Mon Dec 29 09:23:47 CET 2014

Hello Forrest,

It seems, that Fedora 21 is available on the KolabSystems OBS
(https://obs.kolabsys.com/project/show/Fedora:21), but Kolab 3.3 is not
being built for it yet:
see eg. https://obs.kolabsys.com/package/repositories/Kolab:3.3/libkolab

Ok, I see that Fedora 21 has been enabled for the Development
repository, but 2 packages still fail to build:
https://obs.kolabsys.com/project/show/Kolab:Development
and
https://obs.kolabsys.com/project/monitor/Kolab:Development?arch_x86_64=1&defaults=0&failed=1&repo_Fedora_21=1

So that should be fixed first. You can help if you want, here is a
tutorial for OBS development:
http://kolab.org/blog/timotheus-pokorra/2013/11/04/howto-improve-debian-packages-using-obs

Kolab should work for Fedora 20 though, at least worth a try.
Most recommended is CentOS6, that is the officially supported operating
system.

All the best,
   Timotheus