New at Kolab, sent email and total access

Daniel Hoffend dh at dotlan.net
Wed Dec 3 22:50:14 CET 2014

Hi

there's also a different way. You can force roundcube into the
"Helpdesk" Mode.
In this mode an operator can log into someones account and "act" like a
this person.
This is useful if someone needs help and you log in and help him.

To get his Helpdesk Mode you should take a closer look at your
kolab_auth.inc.php config

See the template here:
http://git.kolab.org/pykolab/tree/share/templates/roundcubemail/kolab_auth.inc.php.tpl

The interesting lines are: 48, 57-64

1) Create a roundcube instance similar to /roundcubemail but name it
/helpdesk-login (usually alias)
2) Your admin Account must have the role 'kolab-admin' or you must be
part of a group called "Kolab Helpdesk"
3) Navigate to /helpdesk-login and login with the users email + your
admin credentials
4) All access to "Login in as" are logged in separate folders in
/var/log/roundcubemail/<admin-email>/<user-email>

Legal note:
Accessing someones personal email accounts can legally be tricky. Even
if in your
own company you can't act like god. And keep in mind even *stuff* is
technically
possible and available doesn't mean you're allowed to do so by law. And
law can
change depending on your country of cause.

--
Regards
Daniel Hoffend

------ Originalnachricht ------