LDAP problem in setup-kolab on openSUSE

Martin Campbell martin at placefarm.com
Wed Dec 3 18:26:48 CET 2014

/usr/sbin/ns-slapd is running.

If I connect to the LDAP server with "telnet asusnero.placefarm.com
389", it connects.
Trying 192.168.222.201...
Connected to asusnero.placefarm.com.
Escape character is '^]'.

/var/log/kolab/pykolab.log contains several lines like:
2014-12-03 14:17:40,651 pykolab.auth ERROR Invalid DN, username and/or
password.

Could it be an authentication problem? How can I check?