ActiveSync contacts eating all my data

Daniel Hoffend dh at dotlan.net
Sun Aug 31 01:39:21 CEST 2014

What version of kolab are you running? If you're running an older
version i've the feeling that the mysql cache layer of roundcube is
interfering with your client. Some older version had only normal text
fields as datatype and those can't hold enough data and the
serialize/base64 data store breaks. I had similar problems with CardDAV
when the cache got broken.

Can you provide details about your roundcube database?

DESCRIBE kolab_cache_contact;

If the fields data and xml are something different then LONGTEXT or
LONGBLOB please change them (for example via phpmyadin).

mysql> DESCRIBE kolab_cache_contact;
+-----------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field     | Type                | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-----------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| folder_id | bigint(20) unsigned | NO   | PRI | NULL    |       |
| msguid    | bigint(20) unsigned | NO   | PRI | NULL    |       |
| uid       | varchar(128)        | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| created   | datetime            | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| changed   | datetime            | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| data      | longtext            | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
<<<<<<
| xml       | longblob            | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
<<<<<<
| tags      | varchar(255)        | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| words     | text                | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| type      | varchar(32)         | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| name      | varchar(255)        | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| firstname | varchar(255)        | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| surname   | varchar(255)        | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| email     | varchar(255)        | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
greetings
Daniel