3.3 - Shared Folders & Multi domain

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Aug 28 19:47:30 CEST 2014

Hello,

  So I have a question - currently I have kolab setup as per default
with a single domain. I'm imagining the clients next request will be,
hey can we add different domains?

  There seems to be two ways to have multiple domains. Aliases and
actual separate domains. Aliases I have a handle on, however with true
multi-domain setups for a hosted kolab setup I have one question about
shared folders.

  Is it possible and or easy to have shared folders between the domains?
So user at domain1.net and user at domain2.com can both access a shared folder
shared/something at domain.com? I would somewhat expect it is possible
since the shared folder system is really a cyrus thing. But I'm not 100%
sure.

  I'm also wondering how possible it is to set that up with
kolab-webadmin. Will I be able to set acls against any of the users, or
will it be restricted by the domain of the logged in user? If that is
the case is it something that can be worked around?

--
Nathanael