Kolab 3.3 Shared folders

Nathanael d. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Aug 28 12:16:10 CEST 2014

On Thu, 2014-08-28 at 07:03 +0200, Timotheus Pokorra wrote:
> Hello Nathanael,
> > one last issue. Kolab Webadmin is not creating the actual folders. I
> > create a shared folder in kolab webadmin, it says it is successful.
> > However a kolab lm has no such mailbox. On a VM where I've installed
> > 3.3
> > from scratch, it creates the mailbox at the same time.
> >
> > Where should I look for something like this?
>
> try to restart kolabd:
> service kolabd restart
> sleep 5
> kolab lm | grep myfolder
>
> If your folder shows after some time, it is probably some waiting
> mechanism in the kolab sync.
>
> If the folder does not come up at all, you should stop the kolabd
> service, and then run it manually with logging enabled, to see some
> error messages:
> kolab -d 9 sync 2>&1 | tee kolab-sync.log

Well thank you SO much for that one. When upgrading I had received some
weird error about the modifytimestamp_format format that I enclosed it
in quotes and the error had gone away. In any case that was causing an
issue, removed the quotes and it started working again. Wonder why I
received the format error in the first place. In any case thank you so
much - this has saved me from having to do a backup, re-install,
restore. And more importantly showed me more of where to look when there
are issues.

Thanks!
--
Nathanael