imapsync to a shared folder

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Tue Aug 26 23:39:52 CEST 2014

On Tue, 2014-08-26 at 14:25 -0600, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   So I'm trying to migrate some users to kolab. We have setup some
> shared folders for their organization where previously they have a
> regular account. Now I'd like to sync the messages between the two. I
> can't seem to figure out how using imapsync. Is there a way to sync to a
> shared folder using imapsync?

So I received a reply from Victor Silva who pointed me at

https://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/info-cyrus/2007-February/025173.html

Using that I finally found the right incantation I think.

 imapsync --host1 HOST1... --host2 HOST2 --prefix2 "Shared
Folders/shared/secretary/" --regextrans2 's/INBOX//'

It seems to be working - the one thing I'm not sure about is if it now
ignores what was in the HOST1 users' inbox. I'm hoping it drops the
messages in the INBOX into Shared Folders/shared/secretary, but for now
its seems to be transferring the sub folders properly.

Thanks Victor!

--
Nathanael