How to upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3?

Carpenter, Troy troy at carpenter.cx
Thu Aug 21 19:32:36 CEST 2014

On 2014-08-21 8:24 am, Jan Hofmann wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> What is the supposed way to upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3 on centos?
>
> Regards,
> Jan

So, I just put in the new repositories as outlined here:
http://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/centos.html

Then I did a "yum update".

Uh oh, Batman, problem.  Got this:
"Public key for php-pear-Mail-Mime-1.8.7-15.1.el6.kolab_3.3.noarch.rpm
is not installed"

Fixed by:
yum upgrade --nogpgcheck

There were a few configuration files to reconcile, but everything seems
to be running ok.  I've never figured out if I'm supposed to run
'setup-kolab' after an upgrade or not.  I did notice that a number of
the config files I had to reconcile had default info that I suppose is
replaced when running 'setup-kolab', but given most of those files were
marked .rpmnew, they were easy to find and modify as necessary.

The only other thing I had to do was re-edit
/usr/share/kolab-syncroton/lib/kolab_sync_data.php to allow my Andorid
devices to sync separate folders and calenders.

Roundcube is occasionally giving me a "Server Error" popup, but it goes
away after a second and I don't know why.  I'm sure I missed something
in one of the Roundcube config files that I need to track down.
Everything seems to be working.

Troy Carpenter
troy at carpenter dot cx