Upgrading to 3.2 from 3.1

Brady, Mike mike.brady at devnull.net.nz
Tue Aug 12 21:07:39 CEST 2014

On 2014-08-12 21:32, Torsten Grote wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 August 2014 21:05:44 Brady, Mike wrote:
>> The issues seemed to be related to the upgrade of Cyrus IMAP from 2.4
>> to the
>> Kolab only 2.5.  Every folder access seemed to trigger a Cyrus index
>> rebuild
>> which impacted performance so much that Roundcube continuously timed
>> out
>> and was unusable, and this was on my personal server with one user on
>> it.
>> Any thought of doing a production system was pointless.  I had to
>> revert
>> back to 3.1 and have been running it ever since.
>
> Without knowing the details, this sounds like a regular Cyrus upgrade
> procedure and is automatically triggered when a folder is selected.

I think that you are probably correct, but this was months ago and I
can't remember all the details either.

> In our upgrade guide, there's a script that selects all these folders
> once to
> trigger the upgrade:
>

> http://docs.kolab.org/administrator-guide/upgrading-from-kolab-2.3.html#migration-and-upgrade-of-data
>
> If you let this run at night when few people are using the server, it
> should
> be no problem and be fine afterwards.

That page is for upgrading from Kolab 2.3 (which I did do successfully
on several servers), but I can cherry pick the script off of it that I
think that you are referring to and will give that go.

I did ask on both this and the devel list at the time about this
specific issue and got no response.

Thanks

Mike