pykolab smtp access policy

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Apr 29 22:13:09 CEST 2014

On Tuesday 29. April 2014 21.56.33 Paul Boddie wrote:

> [...]

[...]

> So, 'user'@'localhost' is what the kolab_smtp_access_policy program sees in
> the configuration and thus uses to connect to MySQL.

Looking at the code, I remembered that the MySQL details are merely for a
cache and that the program should function without this cache. Moreover, given
a suitable database to point the program at, the program should be able to
create the necessary tables, although this will depend on what rights the
selected database user will have.

I imagine that creating a new database, maybe creating a corresponding user
with table creation privileges, and then specifying those details in
kolab.conf will make the program happy and not fill the log file with
messages.

Paul