kolab 3.2 and freeipa interaction

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Apr 25 23:35:46 CEST 2014

On Friday 25. April 2014 23.11.40 Carlos R Laguna wrote:
> Hello lists i am in a test lab deploying a kolab 3.2 installation whit
> single domain but against a freeipa or a ipa- serve, both in centos 6.5
> the modifications to the postfix and cyrus-imap are easy to spot but i
> really want continue use the kolab-webadmin however i cant see where the
> modification most be may in order to connect a external 389ds any light
> in the subject will be great.Thank in advance for your time and effort.
>
> http://www.freeipa.org

I imagine that changing the ldap_uri setting in /etc/kolab/kolab.conf would
facilitate communication with any external server, but the problem then might
be any necessary initialisation of the server.

I did a bit of work to make setup-kolab handle external servers, which means
that the program asks about the location of the server, notices that a non-
localhost address is a "remote" server, and then asks whether it should be
populated with Kolab-related data. This work also distinguishes between
setting up a directory instance and populating such an instance.

I'm not sure if this helps directly, but you can find what I did here:

http://git.kolab.org/pykolab/log/?h=dev/boddie

Some more work might be needed to handle different LDAP schemas, and there
does seem to be people using (or showing interest in using) Kolab with
different LDAP requirements who might be able to advise on this.

Paul