Timezone mismatch between Kontact and MyKolab.com

Rod Sherwin rodsherwin at mykolab.com
Mon Apr 14 09:24:59 CEST 2014

I've been using the mykolab.com web interface and decided to experiment
with the Kontact PIM for desktop use (on Windows 7 64-bit). The
configuration and setup was simple but I get the following error message
when trying to sync my calendar:

> An error occurred while reading/writing a Kolab-Groupware-Object(akonadi id 11,487):
> timezone not found Australia/Melbourne
> timezone not found Australia/Melbourne
> Failed to parse calendar!

Also, after clicking through a few more of the above type errors, I also
found this one:

> An error occurred while reading/writing a Kolab-Groupware-Object(akonadi id 9, 581):
> k:buildwin32libslibkolabxml-0.8.2srcxcalconversions.h 1938: Failed to parse calendar

What's curious about the second error message is that I don't even have
a k: drive on my computer.

I check my mykolab.com settings and yes I have the timezone set to (GMT
+11:00) Australia/Melbourne. In Kontact, I have the calendar set to
System (Australia) and the Regional Setting to Victoria (a state of
Australia). I also tried setting it to Canberra which is the same
timezone.

Not sure if this is a Kontact problem or a Mykolab.com problem so I
thought I would start here. Unless I can correct this, Kontact is pretty
much useless for me as a PIM.

How can I get Kontact to recognise the timezone reported from the
mykolab server?

--
Rod, m: +61 418 642 357