kolab 3.2 with openldap?

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Fri Apr 11 22:04:46 CEST 2014

Currently running kolab 2.3 and trying to do a test installation to learn kolab 3.2.

Currently have lots of openldap slapd servers and would rather not change.
For my test am doing install with debian wheezy and I installed slapd first and then kolab.
I then ran  "setup-kolab --with-openldap"

slapd is not being initialized by setup-kolab.
Am I doing something wrong or is openldap not really supported?

Prefer debian but want it to be reliable. Am I better off running centos?

Thanks for any assistance.

John