Installing Kolab via Yum (Fedora 18)

Erik M Jacobs erik at jumpshipservices.co
Sat Sep 28 14:28:08 CEST 2013

Hi Charlie,

There are not any packages in that repo:
http://mirror.kolabsys.com/pub/fedora/kolab-3.0/f18/development/x86_64/

Compare to EL6:
http://mirror.kolabsys.com/pub/redhat/kolab-3.0/el6/release/x86_64/

I checked several other Fedora releases and kolab 2.x, and it appears
there are lots of packages missing from the repos.  I'm not sure what's
*supposed* to be there, as I've only done an install against CentOS6.

The other thing I notice is that the release on these F18 packages is
"wrong":

http://mirror.kolabsys.com/pub/fedora/kolab-3.0/f18/development/x86_64/kolab-3.0-community-release-17-2.fc17.kolab_3.0.noarch.rpm

It says FC17.

Looking in the FC17 folder:
http://mirror.kolabsys.com/pub/fedora/kolab-3.0/f17/development/x86_64/

All the packages are there.  So, if your .repo file isn't pointing to
-3.0/f17/development/$arch then that could be why no packages are present.

You could try a repo file that maybe just contains the following:

[kolab]
[epel]
name=kolab
baseurl=http://mirror.kolabsys.com/pub/fedora/kolab-3.0/f17/development/$basearch/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

I'm not sure that will work, but you can probably fiddle with it from there.

Erik M Jacobs
Director, JumpShip Services
A Division of EjectButton, Ltd
PGP Key ID: 9CA64161