Installation in CentOS 6 LXC: APC missing?

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Thu Sep 26 13:04:53 CEST 2013

Johannes Graumann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When following the community installation guide to install kolab 3  in a
> fresh CentOS 6 lxc container, the following comment appears:
>
>> Installing : roundcubemail-plugins-kolab-3.0.2-2.el6.kolab_3.0.noarch
>> 282/304
>> grep: /etc/php.d/apc.ini: No such file or directory
>
> Is that of consequence or may it be ignored.
>
> As the container is cloned from a CentOS "master" container, it was
> painless to play around and I proceeded with "yum install php-devel gcc &&
> pecl install apc", but got stuck in compilation ... before I investigate
> this further I would like to know whether it is even worth/necessary to
> follow this up ...
>
> Sincerely, Joh

I haven't gotten any guidance regarding how critical this is so far, but

yum install php-devel gcc pcre-devel
pecl install apc #(all defaults)
cp /etc/php.d/bcmath.ini /etc/php.d/apc.ini && nano /etc/php.d/apc.ini
--> edit: extension=apc.so
yum reinstall  roundcubemail-plugins-kolab

fixes it ...

Joh