debian kolab and dovecot

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Sun Sep 8 22:42:18 CEST 2013

Hi,
I created a very basic script for debian.( I have wheezy because is supported
by kolab but I think is not so important here.)

This script will perform some tasks to obtain an ldap-centric postfix/dovecot
setup:

http://mihai.badici.ro/linux/machinet-debian.tgz

My goal is to obtain a "simplified kolab server" using dovecot and openldap.

You can extract the tar archive and put them in /etc ( the path is not
mandatory)

I use distribution packages for postfix, openldap and dovecot.
The "machinet.sh" script will install packages and populate the database with
some basic containers.
Also will replace all server configuration files with mine's. ( please backup
old dovecot/postfix/ldap files)

After running the script you will obtain a (near ) working mailserver .
I manually compiled the metadata plugin for dovecot  after ( the config already
contain the metadata stuff) to make dovecot working. If somebody had made a
debian-metadata package, will be great.

I installed libkolabxml , php-kolab, libkolab, roundcube and roundcube-kolab-
plugins by downloading them from kolab debian  repository and use dpkg -i --
force-depends  ( but I think is better to compile from source). You also need
to populate the SQL database for roundcube manually at the moment.

After that, I have a working mailserver with metadata support.
There is no kolabd, no amavis, no wallace. At the moment, I don't need them.

The next step will be to add the kolab schema (in openldap) and change the
database structure like in kolab.
I think there are people who already done that so I need some advice in this
area.

After that, will be nice to made the kolab-webadmin console working.
I think is a tuff stuff because it use mozldap libraries but the console is nice
and important in this kolab ecosystem. I use a very basic console using php
ldap libraries at the moment but i don't plan to extend it. I think we can use
openldap libraries in kolab-webadmin.

--
Mihai Bădici
http://mihai.badici.ro