Kontact 4.11.2 generates two mails when responding to an event (was: Kontact 4.11.2 sends mail as organiser when responding to invitations)

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Wed Oct 23 10:13:29 CEST 2013

On Tuesday 22 October 2013 13:23:35 itsef-admin wrote:
> On Monday 21 October 2013 18:21:08 itsef-admin wrote:
> > during my tests on Kontact 4.11.2 (Kubuntu 13.10), I ran into a rather odd
> > problem: When I respond to an invitation, I get an error message that
> > sending the response failed. When I look at the outbox, I notice that the
> > response message has the mail address of the organiser of the event as
> > "From:". Sending of the mail is subsequently denied by the server (Kolab
> > V2.x), as sending mails with a sender other than oneself is not allowed.
> > Explicitly configuring a "custom sender" in the corresponding SMTP account
> > *seems* to resolve that

Ok, upon closer inspection, this is even more bizarre than I thought:

- I receive an invitation (from an e35-KMail, in case that matters)
- I click "Accept" (or "Decline")
- I get a message saying that an e-mail has successfully been sent - and
indeed, the organiser does receive the response!
- Then the selection dialogue for the calendar I want to put the event in pops
up (I have three calendars, all Kolab V2)
- The moment I select a calendar, I get another message stating that an e-mail
could not be sent due to the sender not being allowed
- The outbox now contains a *copy* of the *original* event invitation (with my
status correctly been shown as "Accepted" or "Declined" with - obviously - the
sender/from being the organiser.

I have disabled - for now - the "Delete invitation mails after replay has been
sent", but that does not seem to make any difference.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Thomas