Kolab Calendar on Smartphone

flesby . ganzir at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 22:00:40 CEST 2013

Hello again

I just wanted to report back once more, since I found out that active sync
is working simply be running the standard kolab setup.

As indicated here:
http://kolab.org/blog/tobru/2013/03/19/kolab-3-and-activesync

I get the "It works!"-Message.

Just yesterday I tried to Sync a Calendar with an Iphone4.

Here I have some questions:

1) Are root-certificates needed in a local testing environment?

2) Will mobile devices sync if an adress like 192.168.x.x is entered? -
After all those addresses are for local use and maybe some devices "know"
this and therefor do not try to establish a connection

3) Following the guide found here: https://mykolab.com/clients/ios one
should create an Microsoft Exchange account and using *
activesync.mykolab.com* as the server.

Does this mean that for my own installation I have to enter
*activesync.192.168.1.1
provided that 192.168.1.1 is my local server? Or does this work differently?
*