389-cosole - how to use?

Shaw, Brian bshaw at vsvinc.com
Sat Nov 30 04:40:02 CET 2013

Jan,

 Here is my adm.conf file. You should just need to update it with your
domain and system information.

Brian

AdminDomain: example.com
sysuser: nobody
isie: cn=389 Administration Server,cn=Server
Group,cn=kolab.example.com,ou=example.com,o=NetscapeRoot
SuiteSpotGroup: nobody
sysgroup: nobody
userdn: uid=admin,ou=Administrators,ou=TopologyManagement,o=NetscapeRoot
ldapStart: /usr/lib64/dirsrv/slapd-kolab/start-slapd
ldapurl: ldap://kolab.example.com:389/o=NetscapeRoot
SuiteSpotUserID: nobody
sie: cn=admin-serv-kolab,cn=389 Administration Server,cn=Server

On 2013-11-26 7:29 pm, Jan Kowalsky wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> thanks for your answer.
>
> Am Wednesday, 27. November 2013, 01:03:38 schrieb Brian Shaw:
>
>> Dirsrv-admin is only needed if you are actually manipulating server functions such as replication and password expiration rules. Even then,
>
> yes, that's actually my goal: to administrate replication easily - because I
> don't know how to do this via ldapmodify and thought this is much easyier via
> 389-console.
>
>> all the admin functions can be done via ldapmodify. For day to day changes I recommend Apache Directory Studio as an easy to use GUI. As for documentation, the 389 project recommends the Red Hat Directory Server documentation at https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/ [1] I hope this helps.
>
> Not really - I had already a look at it. But the main problem seems to be that
> the dirserv-admin doesn't run. At least I think so.
> Jan Kowalsky <tuxus at notraces.net> wrote: Hi all, is there any documentation for using the 389-console? I enabled anonymous bind (not during installation but later) - but the dirsrv-admin isn't running (it's needed, isn't it) and doesn't start because on missing config-file: /etc/init.d/dirsrv-admin start [info] No /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/adm.conf file is present. Is there any possibility to use the 389-console with kolab? I'm using Debian ... Thanks in advance Jan

Links:
------
[1]
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/