Multi-Domain setup

Thomas Reitelbach tr at erdfunkstelle.de
Sat Nov 23 15:50:45 CET 2013

Hello list,

i'm currently running a very old setup of kolab 2.2.4 which I would like to
shutdown and replace it with a fresh install of 3.1. It's not a problem to
install a fresh kolab 3.1 on CentOS 6.4. Also I'm able to add users and
configure various things. I can send mail, use the calendar, active sync is
working ... so far the simple default installation is just working fine.

But I have the need for a multi-domain configuration which should serve two
isolated domains and need help with it.

So far I have read most available documentation at docs.kolab.org (which
unfortunately refers to absolete 3.0). Some parts of the documentation are
hard to understand (at least for me).

Also I have tried to install the TBITS-scripts and patches. Unfortunately I
have no success (one patch does FAIL and the addDomain.php script is missing
from the GIT repository).

Now I would like to ask for some assistance or an up-to-date HOWTO which
applies to 3.1 multi-domain-setup. My last experience with kolab is from 2007
(2.2.4) and in the meantime so many things and concepts in kolab seem to have
changed that I'm not able to understand it anymore.

Is there anybody out there who already has set up a simple multi-domain
configuration with kolab 3.1 who can help me?

Thank you very much in advance

Thomas Reitelbach