can't connect to Sieve

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Thu Nov 21 21:02:01 CET 2013

I had something similar recently.  I was able to connect to the daemon, but
Kolab and Roundcube had issues.  From memory, Kolab said it couldn't
retrieve the scripts, while Roundcube complained about not connecting to the
server.

1. Check to make sure the /var/lib/imap/sieve directory exists and has what
you would expect below that ("domain/<letter>/<domainname>").
2. Check permissions (on my system that's 700) and ownership (cyrus:mail).