SSL Activesync on Android

Erik M Jacobs erik at jumpshipservices.co
Tue Nov 12 14:22:38 CET 2013

On 11/10/2013 12:40 PM, Ryan Osborn wrote:
> Hi, I am new to kolab and have just installed v3.1 on a clean CentOs 6.4
> server.  It seems to have installed correctly and I have made a user and
> successfully sent and received email ok.  But I have a few problems when
> trying to set up an exchange activesync account on my Samsung Galaxy S4
> (Android 4.3).  First is that when I add the account, if I click the use
> "Use secure connect (SSL)" box it returns with an error saying that it
> cannot find server settings.  If I uncheck this box it works fine.  I
> have set SELinux to permissive and set up the firewall to allow the
> ports listed here:
> http://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/preparing-the-system.html#system-firewall
> I have also forwarded these ports on my router.  Any idea what might be
> causing this?

Are you using a self-signed certificate?  Did you check the box for
allow all certificates?

I have found that the default mail clients can be a little buggy.  You
may want to try Enhanced Email (free) as an alternative.

Also, you may want to try to visit the https activesync URL with a real
browser to see if it works.  Generally when you do this you will be
prompted for a htpasswd-style login (popup) and, if successful, you are
sent to a page that says something like "hey, you're not a real
activesync client".

Cheers,
Erik