Troubles getting Chwala running

Michael kolab983 at der-he.de
Tue Nov 12 10:27:28 CET 2013

Am Tue, 12 Nov 2013 08:16:23 +0100 schrieb Timotheus Pokorra <timotheus at pokorra.de>:

> Hello Michael,
> yes, it is not clean to have hardcoded references to some files.

It's not only hardcoded, but with absolute path names.
I do not build the kolab packages in /usr/src/packages/SOURCES,
it's not even below /usr/src/ ...
so those files will never be in there.

I think, everything needed to build a binary should be either in the source
package or in build-deps, but if it's easier and the official way to
not do so with obs and cross reference between different source packages
via absolute path names (requiring the exact location of the corresponding
files) then maybe it's ok.

I will patch those files locally, anyway. I copied the corresponding files
to the base directory, added it via "dpkg-source --commit" to some patch file
and changed the rules file:

- cp /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/chwala.conf $(CURDIR)/debian/chwala/etc/apache2/conf.d/
+ cp $(CURDIR)/chwala.conf $(CURDIR)/debian/chwala/etc/apache2/conf.d/

This way the source package created with "dpkg-source -b" will build
outside of obs.
But okay, next to the clean chwala_0.1~dev20130809.orig.tar.gz
the resulting chwala_0.1~dev20130809-2~kolab3.debian.tar.gz
is nearly 1 kB bigger than your chwala_0.1~dev20130809-2~kolab3.diff.gz

Regards
Michael