ActiveSync: Error after upgrading to Kolab 3.1

Tobias Brunner tobias at tobru.ch
Mon Nov 11 10:07:38 CET 2013

Hi,

>> [Error] AS_LIB : Wrong response content type  (expected:
>> application/vnd.ms-sync.wbxml or application/vnd.ms-sync.multipart)
>
> That might be an empty Sync response. It is new in 3.1. See
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee202899%28v=exchg.80%29.aspx
>
>>         <FilterType>2</FilterType>
>
> So, the device requested emails from last 3 days.
>
>> [10-Nov-2013 16:17:48,000000 +0000]: [INFO]
>> Syncroton_Command_Sync::handle::196 SyncKey is 606 Class: Email
>> CollectionId: Inbox
>> [10-Nov-2013 16:17:48,000000 +0000]: [INFO]
>> Syncroton_Command_Sync::getResponse::648 found (added/changed/deleted)
>> 0/0/0 entries for sync from server to client
>
> and server didn't found any new messages in this period. So, the only
> problem I could see is that this device does not support empty Sync
> (other object) to sync according to specified FilterType?

This might be the problem. Just for the record: The N9 uses protocol
version 12.1.
If there is a new object to sync, the problem seems not to exist.

Would it be possible that the empty sync response can act in a
"fallback" mode for older devices? I'm pretty sure that Nokia won't
upgrade Meego anymore, so that would mean that Activesync won't work on
the N9 anymore wiht 3.1. The N9 only supports CalDav, but not CardDav,
so a protocol change would only solve calendar syncing.

Cheers,
Tobias