SSL Activesync on Android

Ryan Osborn ryan at osborn.gb.net
Sun Nov 10 18:40:05 CET 2013

Hi, I am new to kolab and have just installed v3.1 on a clean CentOs 6.4
server.  It seems to have installed correctly and I have made a user and
successfully sent and received email ok.  But I have a few problems when
trying to set up an exchange activesync account on my Samsung Galaxy S4
(Android 4.3).  First is that when I add the account, if I click the use
"Use secure connect (SSL)" box it returns with an error saying that it
cannot find server settings.  If I uncheck this box it works fine.  I have
set SELinux to permissive and set up the firewall to allow the ports listed
here:
http://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/preparing-the-system.html#system-firewallI
have also forwarded these ports on my router.  Any idea what might be
causing this?