cyrus-imapd.deb: formal Version 2.4.17, in real it is 2.4.3

Michael kolab983 at der-he.de
Thu Nov 7 20:58:27 CET 2013

Am Thu, 7 Nov 2013 16:25:24 +0100 schrieb Timotheus Pokorra <timotheus at pokorra.de>:

> > Did you check if this is still the case for the latest Debian packages?
> >
> >     https://kolab.org/blog/timotheus-pokorra/2013/10/23/nightly-builds-kolab-centos-and-debian
> >     https://kolab.org/blog/timotheus-pokorra/2013/11/04/howto-improve-debian-packages-using-obs
>
> This is for Kolab 3.1:
> I just checked the package
> https://obs.kolabsys.com/package/show?package=cyrus-imapd&project=Kolab%3ADevelopment

Both sources seem to be ok to me. Yes, it looks like an unintentional error also to me.

> There is a debian.series file, but just referencing one patch,
> cyrus-imapd-2.4.10-ptloader-ldap_user_attribute.patch
> All other patches are ignored, if I understand the packaging correctly.
> I also checked the contents of the debian.tar.gz, and there is no
> series file inside.

Yes, using http://obs.kolabsys.com:82/Kolab:/3.1/Debian_7.0/cyrus-imapd_2.4.17-4.dsc there seems to be only the ptloader-patch gets used.

Btw: What patches are required for kolab 3.0? Why not using debians default cyrus-imapd? (or red hats for rpm systems)

I switched to debians cyrus-imapd (2.4.16) and tested a little bit. Seems to be ok for me!? Should I expect any problems I haven't recognized by now?

Regards
Michael