Kolab 3 some questions

Christian Hügel christian.huegel at stonebyte.de
Mon May 27 11:58:52 CEST 2013

Greetings to all,

first of all a huge thank you for this awesome software. We are testing
a kolab 3 installation with the goal to migrate our
Postfix/Postfixadmin/Roundcubemail/Dovecot/Dspam/MySQL solution to
kolab.
We are using about 100 mailboxes with 10 different domains. I have a few
question though:

1. How can I import existing Mailboxes/Users (about 20GB data) in kolab
3? Kolab 3 uses Cyrus-IMAP which has, as far as I know, a different
format to dovecot.
2. There´s already postfix and mysql running on our server. How good or,
lets say easy does kolab 3 integrate into a installation with existing
components like postfix/mysql/ldap etc.
3. While testing i´ve notice that all created domains (besides the
primary domain) cannot be deleted anymore. Is this a bug?
4. The UID is not unique. It uses always the given name as UID. We have
a couple of users with the same given name so this leads to a problem.
Sure, you can edit the UID field and make it writeable but why not use
the givenname and a part of the surname as UID?

It took me some time to understand that created domains through the
webgui aren´t multi-domains as I would expect. There are only domain
aliases to the primary domain.
The feature of multi-domains ca only be configured through CLI

trator_Guide/chap-Administrator_Guide-Hosted_Kolab_Groupware_Setup.html)
Is there any plan to integrate this in the webgui?

Thank you.

Cheers,

Chris