authentication problem on port 587

John Borhek john at vmsources.com
Fri May 17 15:12:55 CEST 2013

This is the exact symptom I experienced after trying (unsuccessfully)to
configure new certs on Kolab. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a
list anywhere of all the places/certs or symlinks that need to be
edited.

My solution was a complete fresh install of Kolab where I took the
/etc/pki folder it its entirety and copied it to my working (dev) Kolab.
So I am back to self-signed certs with the hostname
localhost.localdomain - at least I am able to use Roundcube. I will
trade the hostname and CA SSL's for Roundcube any day!