Mail being dropped undelivered after postfix

Kolab Users kolab-users at ostech.com.au
Thu May 16 03:30:45 CEST 2013

Hi Eric,

On 16-May-13 11:19 AM, Eric B Munson wrote:
> On 5/15/2013 9:11 PM, Kolab Users wrote:
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> Wallace is a content filter which is enabled by default in Kolab3
>> (together with amavisd). Most of the time they don't cause problems.
>>
>> You'd want it enabled if you don't have external tools that do the
>> email filtering for you. If you do, just disable them.
>>
>>> FWIW, wallace is the culprit here, if I disable wallace the emails come
>>> through.
>>>
>>> What does wallace do and why should I want it enabled?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Eric
> :/ that is a sad thing to lose, but I can't be sure other mail isn't
> being dropped with wallace enabled.  I came across bug 1627 in the kolab
> bugzilla and I wonder if it is related.
>
> Eric

I think that's a matter of opinion. I personally believe email filtering
should not be a part of a mail server but understand how in some
circumstances it makes sense (buying an all-in-one server solution or an
appliance).

The first thing we did when installing Kolab3 was to disable both tools,
since email filtering is handled by other infrastructure with the sole
purpose of high quality email filtering.

Michael.