Cyrus didn't answer on port 993, SSL missing_

Ruediger Goetz rg at r-goetz.de
Sun May 12 13:29:58 CEST 2013

Hello,

I finnaly made kolab run again.

I had to reinstall everything and clean files left over by the deinstallation in between.

So here is what I did (on a openSuSE 12.2 root server):

I prepared  two package lust for yast one with and one without any kolab package

 deinstall all kolab packages using yast
 (There dependency broken with yast-ldap which I left broken for the moment)

 rm  /etc/ssl/servercerts/*
 rm  /etc/ssl/private/*
 rm  /etc/ssl/cacert.pem
 rm  /etc/ssl/csreq.pem
 rm  /etc/ssl/index.txt

 rm -rf /etc/dirsrv
 rm     /etc/sysconfig/dirsrv-rgo
 rm     /etc/systemd/system/dirsrv.target.wants/dirsrv at rgo.service
 rm -rf /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-rgo
 rm -rf /var/lock/dirsrv/slapd-rgo
 rm /var/run/dirsrv/slapd-rgo.startpid
 rm -rf /usr/lib64/dirsrv

 mysql -u root -p

 mysql> drop database kolab;
 mysql> drop database roundcube;

 install all kolab packages again using yast

 # The next shall help dirsrv-admin start but it is still not enough
 ln -s /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/admserv.conf /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/adm.conf
 chmod 777 /var/run/dirsrv

 # The next command is -as far as I am told special to openSuSE
 # It check various setting most important it sets up the SSL-certificates
 # It is important to fill all fields in the dialogs which are not marked empty

 kolab-prep-setup
 -> get into kolab-cert

 # This is basically the same as kolab-setup
 kolab-start-setup

Now it looks like I have a running kolab installation

Special thanks to Richard for his help

R"udiger

--
Those who would give up essential liberty
to purchase a little temporary safety
rg at r-goetz.de
WWW: http://www.r-goetz.de
Mail send by a Mac running Linux (SuSE-PPC)