adressbook setings in Kontact/Kmail

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Thu May 2 21:16:34 CEST 2013

Getting back around to this...

Using ldapsearch on my client machine, I have two results depending on who I
use to perform the query:

This command will give me a list of every user on the system:
"ldapsearch -h mail.carpenter.cx -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w xxxxxx -b
"ou=People,dc=carpenter,dc=cx" objectClass=person"

This command gives me an error "ldap_bind: No such object (32)":
"ldapsearch -h mail.carpenter.cx -D "cn=Troy Carpenter" -w xxxxxx -b
"ou=People,dc=carpenter,dc=cx" objectClass=person"

The cn I am using in the second command comes straight out of the entry
printed from the first query.  I'm guessing there is a permission problem
somehow.  I am not an LDAP expert, so I definitely need some guidance.

Troy