Dovecot 2.1.15 with Kolab 3.0

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Thu Mar 28 21:22:37 CET 2013

On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 03:27:17 PM Torsten Grote wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 March 2013 08:04:27 Bruce Marriner wrote:
> > fyi
>
> Thanks for keeping me in the loop.
>
> > > There are some additional problems regarding folder paths: in cyrus
> > > path  delimiter is "/" but in dovecot i need "." (dot). I made some
> > > minor
> > > changes in roundcube and syncroton but unfortunately i didn't documented
> > > ; basicaly I changed the / with dot .
>
> Hmm I don't like this. It would be a lot better if you could come up with a
> patch that makes that configurable and that we could upstream. I think
> everybody with dovecot will run into this issue, right?
>
> Regards,
> Torsten

In fact, it depends :)
I think only default folders are affected.

When we create a folder with Roundcube, it will be created via IMAP commands,
so the delimiter will be added by dovecot or cyrus according with it's
internal coding.

I think there are versions of Roundcube (older) where the default folder for
contacts and calendar are explicitly defined in config file but newest
versions will read the specific annotation to identify the default folder.
I'm not sure about the creation of default folders at first login; here it is
possible to have some issues caused by delimiter, I'm not sure.

It is also possible to have some issues in kolab-syncroton (there are the same
libraries) but I have no trouble with. I believe it is because I first login
in roundcube, which will create the default folders ( and I already replaced
the slash with dot ).

--
Mihai Badici
http://mihai.badici.ro