Mail not delivered

Paul Klos kolab at klos2day.nl
Wed Mar 27 08:39:01 CET 2013

Hi Michael,

There is a known issue with wallace and certain unicode characters, but
iirc this resulted in a different error message.

Nevertheless, as shown from your error, delivery to port number 10026
fails, and port 10026 is wallace.

So it's possible that you ran into a different bug. It'd be great if
you could help us track this down by running wallace in the foreground
and reporting it's output back to the list.

/etc/init.d/wallace stop
/usr/sbin/wallaced -d 9 -l debug (check wallaced --help for options)

Then run the postqueue command in another terminal and see what wallace
says.

Just to prevent this error in the future you might disable wallace, by
editing /etc/postfix/master.cf and replacing the line
-o content-filter=smtp-wallace:[127.0.0.1]:10026
with
-o content-filter=

and restarting postfix. This will prevent this error from occurring to
future mails.

I don't know how to get this current mail delivered. Its next hop is
wallace, which is hard-coded in the queued message, so changing the
config won't magically make it bypass wallace. Maybe someone with a
better understanding of postfix can help here.

Cheers,

Paul